[SciPy-user] scipy.interpolate spline class names

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Sat May 23 04:43:33 CDT 2009

2009/5/23 Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi>:
> The Numpy docstring standard dictated that the __init__ method should be
> documented in the main class docstring.
>
> I don't personally like this very much. Maybe we need to revise this?

The rationale behind this was that you never call __init__ explicitly,
but always construct an instance using MyClass(parameters).  On the
other hand, both "IPython" and "help" now show docstrings for both the
class and __init__  (I can't recall whether this was always the case),
so it probably won't matter much if we move it over.

Regards
Stéfan