[SciPy-user] concave and convex function

mudit sharma mudit_19a@yahoo....
Wed May 27 09:13:13 CDT 2009

Thanks Robert. I appreciate your response.

I found the solution finally, which is, using Savitzky Golay filter for smoothing as it preserves the shape. Then using peak and trough points detection algorithm. Some useful links here:
http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~toh/spectrum/PeakFindingandMeasurement.htm. Unfortunately, all these matlab scripts so will have to write python equivalent.

Mudit

----- Original Message ----
From: Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>
To: SciPy Users List <scipy-user@scipy.org>
Sent: Monday, 18 May, 2009 23:20:24
Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] concave and convex function

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 02:57, Sebastian Walter
<sebastian.walter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM, mudit sharma <mudit_19a@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your response.
>>
>> By M & W curve I meant M & W shape curves( subset ) and by cycle I meant wave cycle.
> Is that supposed to describe what is meant by M & W?

Peak-trough-peak and trough-peak-trough patterns, respectively, like
the shapes of the letters.

> No offense, but
> if you want help, you should
> state your problem in a way that other ppl understand....

His actual question is reasonably well-worded (he wants to classify
the signal into convex and concave portions), but you got distracted
by the irrelevant portion.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."