[SciPy-user] concave and convex function

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed May 27 09:27:25 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM, mudit sharma <mudit_19a@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Robert. I appreciate your response.
>
> I found the solution finally, which is, using Savitzky Golay filter for smoothing as it preserves the shape. Then using peak and trough points detection algorithm. Some useful links here:
> http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~toh/spectrum/PeakFindingandMeasurement.htm. Unfortunately, all these matlab scripts so will have to write python equivalent.
>
> Mudit

I still don't see identifying peaks and troughs anywhere in the
initial question.
Identifying peaks and troughs is a question for zeros in the first
derivative; identifying convex and concave regions is a question for
zeros in the second derivative.

There is an entire "industry" trying to do this for the business cycle.

Josef