[SciPy-User] Weierstrass and Jacobi

Karl Young karl.young@ucsf....
Mon Nov 9 15:05:49 CST 2009

Sorry for the dumb question (but some of you know me by now !). I was
able to stumble around and solve a differential equation I was working
on in terms of Weierstrass elliptic functions (though an open source
type of guy I have to thank Wolfram re. wloframalpha for help with
that...). I'd like to evaluate the function for various sets of
parameters and found that the special functions package for scipy has
Jacobi elliptic functions available. I seem to recall that the
Weierstrass elliptic functions are special cases of the Jacobi elliptic
functions but haven't been able to locate any source that describes that
in any detail. Anyone have any hints ? Thanks,

-- Karl