[SciPy-User] Is there a Win 64bit version?

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Thu Nov 12 22:36:21 CST 2009

On 12-Nov-09, at 11:21 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:

> Thanks to Enthought support, I have fixed all major *sources* issues
> so that both numpy and scipy can be build under VS 2008 + ifort
> combination for windows 64. The build process is complicated though,
> and require to have the MKL. I have not made much progress on building
> numpy and scipy with open source tools, though.

Well, that's encouraging; at least there's SOME way to do it. Cheers
to Enthought, and of course to Mr. Cournapeau. :) Does it require
static linking, or is there a possibility (down the road, of course)
that binaries can be built that dynamically link against a (separately
installed) MKL?

Also, any chance you have the build instructions written down
somewhere?  This is what we have for the Windows build instructions on
the new website:

	http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/browser/scipy.org/source/building/windows.rst

I'm sure it is far from complete, and mentions nothing about 64-bit.

David