[SciPy-User] Is there a Win 64bit version?

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Thu Nov 12 23:18:48 CST 2009

Sturla Molden skrev:
> Kevin Ar18 skrev:
>
>> Yeah, "personal use" wouldn't work.  It's really more trouble to setup
>> an entirely new system for it all.
>>

> That is confusing. "Personal use" in Sun's license also covers academic
> use and commercial use. What is does not cover is automated  mass
> deployment in an organisation, except academic institutions.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Licensing_FAQ

   6. *What exactly do you mean by /personal use/ and /academic use/ in
      the Personal Use and Evaluation License </wiki/VirtualBox_PUEL>?*

    Personal use is when you install the product on one or more PCs
    yourself and you make use of it (or even your friend, sister and
    grandmother). It doesn't matter whether you just use it for fun or
    run your multi-million euro business with it. Also, if you install
    it on your work PC at some large company, this is still personal
    use. However, if you are an administrator and want to deploy it to
    the 500 desktops in your company, this would no longer qualify
    as /personal use/. Well, you could ask each of your 500 employees to
    install VirtualBox but don't you think we deserve some money in this
    case? We'd even assist you with any issue you might have.

    Use at academic institutions such as schools, colleges and
    universities by both teachers and students is covered. So in
    addition to the personal use which is always permitted, academic
    institutions may also choose to roll out the software in an
    automated way to make it available to its students and personnel.