[SciPy-User] Is there a Win 64bit version?

Thu Nov 12 23:28:17 CST 2009

Kevin Ar18 wrote:

> Is numpy pure C?  If so, would CLANG work?   http://clang.llvm.org/

I doubt clang is well supported on windows. llvm itself has some issues
on windows AFAIK. Since the project is backed up by Apple, I don't think
there is a strong incentive to make this works well on windows.

To build numpy on windows 64 bits, you need only one software besides
python (which has to be 2.6), and that's Visual Studio 2008. If you are
willing to spend a lot of time, you can download various packages from
MS to get the free 64 bits compilers, but that's a lot of work compared
to just using VS 2008. Note that you can download a fully functional
trial edition of VS 2008 for free.

David