[SciPy-User] ODR fitting several equations to the same parameters

ms devicerandom@gmail....
Fri Nov 13 10:44:35 CST 2009

josef.pktd@gmail.com ha scritto:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:28 AM, ms <devicerandom@gmail.com> wrote:
>> josef.pktd@gmail.com ha scritto:
>>> an example
>>> (quickly written and not optimized, there are parts I don't remember
>>> about curve_fit, fixed parameters could be better handled by a class)
>> Hmm, it seems I don't have curve_fit -I am constrained to use
>> scipy-0.6.0 and there's no chance to change that (it's an external server).
>
> You can just copy the function (plus 2 helper functions) from the
> current trunk. You would need to add the imports. Alternatively you
> can just use optimize.leastsq directly, using curve_fit as a recipe.

A further question: It seems to me it works only if the data sets have
the same size, because what gets minimized is then the matrix. What
about datasets with different sizes?

thanks,
m.