[SciPy-User] For DavidC, relevant to Windoze in general: BLAS/LAPACK installer

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Fri Nov 13 17:21:48 CST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 8:06 AM, Sturla Molden <sturla@molden.no> wrote:

> By the way, it would be better if NumPy and  SciPy had a way of
> replacing it's BLAS and LAPACK libraries. For example if they were not
> statically linked, as today, they could be a DLL whose path would be
> found in a config file.

Yes, we know, but that is difficult, partly because of windows
limitations, partly because every blas/lapack has different
conventions (name mangling for example).

It is not impossible, but that's quite a lot of work to make it work reliably.

David