[SciPy-User] Unit testing of Bayesian estimator

Sun Nov 15 20:49:23 CST 2009

2009/11/15 Johann Cohen-Tanugi <cohen@lpta.in2p3.fr>:
> Anne, do you know of a python implementation of Lomb-Scargle?

I don't, unfortunately. But as there seems to be no clever FFT-like
trick to it, it can probably be written in a few lines of numpy code -
simply take an array of frequencies and an array of times, broadcast
them together, and apply the formulas. If you have a lot of events or
a lot of frequencies, a loop over the smaller array will save a big
intermediate array, but beyond that I don't think there's much
cleverness to be put in.

Anne