[SciPy-User] Dijkstra's algorithm on a lattice

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus@yale....
Wed Nov 18 19:15:55 CST 2009

Hi all,

A bit off-topic, but before I write some C or cython to do this, I
thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows of existing code for the task
of finding the shortest (weighted) path between two points on a lattice.

Specifically, I have images with "start" and "end" pixels marked and I
want to find the path through the image with the lowest integrated
intensity. Trivial but tedious to implement, so if anyone has some
good tips I'd be happy to know. (There's already a left-to-right-
shortest-path-finder in the image scikit repository, but that's not
quite what I need.)

Thanks,
Zach