[SciPy-User] installing scipy on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Wed Nov 18 22:31:39 CST 2009

Rich E wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just joined because I've had this mac for over a month and I still
> can't get a working module of scipy in Snow Leopard.  The dmg says it
> needs 'python 2.6 or newer', but the one that comes with Snow Leopard
> is 2.6.1.

The dmg needs a python installed from python.org. If you want to get
scipy with the included python, you need to build it yourself.

UMFPACK is not needed - if you have a problem, please report the exact
error as well as the command you used to build. Just saying it does not
work is not enough to help you,

cheers,

David