[SciPy-User] installing scipy on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Dennis C dcswest@gmail....
Thu Nov 19 09:58:33 CST 2009

Greetings Rich;

Another option that recently worked for me was to just install it through
MacPorts.  That does maintain its own library in /opt so it will also
install Python even when it's already elsewhere on the system, but it'll
take care of all other dependencies too including the NumPy...

Good luck,

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 00:13:42 +0100
From: Rich E <reakinator@gmail.com>
Subject: [SciPy-User] installing scipy on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
To: scipy-user@scipy.org

Hi list,

I just joined because I've had this mac for over a month and I still can't
get a working module of scipy in Snow Leopard.  The dmg says it needs
'python 2.6 or newer', but the one that comes with Snow Leopard is 2.6.1.
Installing MacPython seems to create more problems than anything else, and
building scipy from source is a no-go (I saw various other posts in the
archives about dependency problems, but no solutions yet.  I am stuck at
UMFPACK sourcers being missing.)

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciate.

Rich