[SciPy-User] Graph connect components and sparse matrices

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Thu Nov 19 10:01:19 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Robert Cimrman <cimrman3@ntc.zcu.cz> wrote:

> It's now in ticket #1057.

Hi Robert,

Sorry for getting on this thread so late, I've been extremely busy lately.

I think we should definitely include more graph algorithms in
scipy.sparse.  The cost of extracting the same info via eigenvectors
is high and the results are less trustworthy.

We've implemented several such algorithms (like connected_components
[1]) in PyAMG.  Since the code is organized in similar fashion to
scipy.sparse it would make sense to transfer some or all of the
functionality in pyamg.graph into scipy.sparse.graph or some such
namespace.  I'd also like to add some reordering methods like RCM and
nested bisection.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/pyamg/source/browse/trunk/pyamg/graph.py#271

--
Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com