[SciPy-User] Numerical methods textbook recs?

Mark McClure mcmcclur@unca....
Thu Nov 19 10:01:21 CST 2009

I'll be teaching an undergraduate level course in elementary numerical
methods next semester.  I would seriously consider using Python/SciPy
as the computing environment for the course but I have not been able
to find a textbook that is Python based.  The appropriate level for
the text would be similar to Kincaid and Cheney, as you can preview
here:
http://books.google.com/books?id=x69Q226WR8kC

That book is more expensive than I'd like, however, and is not Python
based.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark McClure