[SciPy-User] finite element packages

Young, Karl karl.young@ucsf....
Fri Nov 20 10:48:48 CST 2009

I'm trying to model a flexible flywheel (hence my question about Wierstrass elliptic functions a couple of weeks ago - thanks again for the helpful replies). I'm now trying to consider realistic models with elastic materials that go beyond my abilities to model analytically and figured I need to look at finite element models.

I haven't used finite element packages and was wondering if anyone on the list had any recommendations, preferably scipythonic but I'm just curious generally about what people would consider using for a problem like this (i.e. a rotating flexible rope type problem). Thanks for any thoughts,

-- Karl