[SciPy-User] Mean arrivals per time unit -> Time between consecutive arrivals

Ram Rachum cool-rr@cool-rr....
Wed Nov 25 01:05:06 CST 2009

Hello,

I've just started using scipy/numpy for some queue theory. I have a queue for
which the arrival rate is a Poisson distribution. I also have the mean number of
arrivals per time unit.

I looked around SciPy and I saw I can use scipy.stats.poisson. I was happy that
it could make a random variable for number of arrivals per time unit. But I want
the time between consecutive arrivals, as a random variable.

Does anyone know how I can get that?

Thanks,
Ram.