[SciPy-User] BivariateSpline examples and my crashing python

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Fri Nov 27 12:15:48 CST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to prepare some examples for the use of the Bivariate Spline classes,
> The second part of the attached script contains a translation of a
> scipy.tutorial example to using the 3 classes instead.
>
> However, this script keeps crashing on me. Initially I thought it is
> RectBivariateSpline, but now I think it might be matplotlib, TK
> backend and maybe my latest numpy build.
> I would like to know if the splines crash or if it is my current setup
> that causes the crash. It crashes in spyder, idle and when I close the
> windows when I run it on the commandline. The last might indicate that
> the problem is matplotlib related.
>
> Can someone run the script, preferably not in an interpreter where you
> want to keep your session alive?

Runs fine for me and creates plots from within the interpreter and on
the command line in Linux.  I noticed that you recently ran into the
segfault problem that occured somewhere in trunk towards the end
summer (I forget when and why).  Did you delete everything and rebuild
matplotlib as well?  I had to rebuild everything that had numpy/scipy
as a dependency after that update.  Don't know if that's what's going
on though.

Skipper