[SciPy-User] Simulations

Sebastian Haase seb.haase@gmail....
Mon Oct 5 02:37:24 CDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:19 PM, cool-RR <cool-rr@cool-rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> This is not directly related to SciPy; I'm posting it here because I figure
> that there may be people here who know the scientific computing world enough
> to help me with my question.
> I've been working on an open-source scientific computing project for about 6
> months now, and I've come to the conclusion that it's about time to find
> other users except myself for it, so I may get valuable feedback about which
> direction I should be taking this project.
> The project is called GarlicSim (http://garlicsim.com). It's a Pythonic
> platform for working with simulations. You may read more about it on the
> webpage. In short, it's a very general framework for creating, running and
> analyzing simulations. It's not specific to any scientific field; Its role
> is to provide a general mold into which all simulations can be cast. If you
> want to know more about it you can also read a (yet-incomplete)
> introduction to it.
> So what I want to know is, who would be good potential first users for this,
> and how could I reach them?
> I'm not even sure which scientific field I would like to target, so please
> suggest.
>
> Thanks,
> Ram Rachum

Hi Ram,
funny enough - my to do list for today is to implement a discrete
(checker board kind-of) simulation (somewhat similar to the game of
life, if your will.
But before  I start looking into your stuff, few questions:
Why is the web site a ".com" ?
What is the license ?
Is the documentation written in MS-Word !?!?

Cheers
Sebastian Haase