[SciPy-User] Problems installing Scipy on Snow Leopard

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Mon Oct 5 13:38:04 CDT 2009

On Oct 5, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Agile Aspect wrote:

> I can tell you where the software is but I can't tell you how to
> install on a MacOS:
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.3.0/numpy-1.3.0-py2.6-macosx10.5.dmg/download

My 2c:
Install numpy from sources. Far easier to debug that way, and you're
sure that your numpy is 64b.
Before anything else, get a fortran compiler here : http://r.research.att.com/tools/
Installing the sources from scratch (that is, by running `python
setup.py install`) should be strightforward, provided you stick with
the Python that ships with Snow Leopard (that point blocked me for a
while). If you should run into problems, just drop a line.