[SciPy-User] Problems installing Scipy on Snow Leopard

Whitcomb, Mr. Tim tim.whitcomb@nrlmry.navy....
Mon Oct 5 15:33:11 CDT 2009

I was able to follow the instructions there as well to get the entire
SciPy stack installed, and I found the easiest way to do this by far was
to easy_install virtualenv, then use a newly-created virtual environment
to install all the packages - no sudo, no messing with the system
Python:

$ sudo easy_install virtualenv
$ virtualenv --no-site-packages scipy
$ . scipy/bin/activate
(scipy) $ <<<build your numpy/scipy/etc. here>>