[SciPy-User] a small example of scipy.ndimage.map_coordinates

Tue Oct 6 14:15:30 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 12:55 PM, denis <denis-bz-gg@t-online.de> wrote:

> On Oct 5, 10:01 am, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gomm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, did you send this to the list because you want to add it to the docs
> > (like herehttp://
> docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/tutorial/ndimage.html)
> > ?
>
> I was hoping for comments first: is it readable, accurate, the right
> level for anybody ?

I think that it has the right level of detail for it to be added to the
ndimage tutorial, maybe even for the map_coordinates docstring with minor
modifications. I will reply with some more detailed comments in a minute.

(Unreviewed doc is the curse of the web.
> My imaginary bandwagon for BetterDoc includes better indexing /
> tagging
> and examples of good doc in various categories.)

One hundred percent agreed. This is what the doc wiki is about. It has a
commenting system and edit history, so it works better than the mailing list
for this. Also, the edits only get merged into the built documentation after
review, so no worries there. I encourage you to check it out.

> How about http://advice.mechanicalkern.com ? looks to be in the right
> direction.

Interesting, I had not seen that site before. I would imagine that answers
from that site get integrated in the reference/user guides where
appropriate.

Cheers,
Ralf