[SciPy-User] a small example of scipy.ndimage.map_coordinates

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Tue Oct 6 14:48:58 CDT 2009

Hi, Denis.  I merely want to reinforce what Ralf has said, vis-a-vis our
docstring editing Wiki: its very purpose is to maximize participation in
*generating* docstrings (the preferred "baseline" documentation in Python),
while also (hopefully) assuring the highest quality for what actually ends
up in the code by regulating who gets to "review" and "approve" the
docstrings.  Also, there resides a link to our official docstring standard,
with which all docstrings are required to comply.  We heartily encourage new
docstring "editors" (i.e., contributors) but, as hinted at by Ralf, rather
than submit docstring contributions via the listserve, we find it much more
efficient and useful for editors (and essentially require reviewers) to use
the Wiki; don't worry about it being vetted before you contribute it, that's
one of the functions for which the Wiki is set-up/designed.  I believe Ralf
provided the link to the Wiki's "Front Page" - which contains all essential
introductory information and links - earlier in this thread, but if you need
any help, feel free to email me (or Ralf - I think I can safely speak for
him in this regard) off-list.  One thing, however: we prefer discussion of
docstring and Wiki issues to take place on scipy-dev, and thus encourage you
to subscribe - and post this kind of material - to that list.  I sincerely
hope none of this discourages your participation - that would be the
opposite of my intent - and wholeheartedly welcome you to our "editorial
community." :-)  Thanks for your efforts,

David Goldsmith
Technical Editor
Olympia, WA, USA