[SciPy-User] Why scipy supply a different result comparing with matlab when doing multi-linear regression analysis

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Mon Oct 19 11:28:38 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:23 PM, 王友忠 <wangyouzh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have used scipy to solve a multi-linear regression problem, I used the
> function lstsq in scipy.linalg.
>
> But, when I compared the result with using matlab, I found the function
> regress in matlab gave me a very different result.
>
> Why they are inconsonant, and which result should I trust?
>
> Best Wishes!
>
> Fred

They should give the same results, up to numerical precision and
non-uniqueness of the solution.

Post an example, and we can see where the difference is.

Josef