[SciPy-User] idiom for iterators, expr(T) if isscalar(T) else array([expr(t) for t in T])

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Oct 19 18:22:45 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 00:11, David Warde-Farley <dwf@cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
> On 18-Oct-09, at 3:31 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> The problem with using StackOverflow itself for our
>> purposes is that it there is no single tag that can be used to
>> consolidate the relevant questions. I think we would benefit from a
>> more tightly focused community.
>
> One of the problems I see with StackOverflow is that there are a lot
> of wrong answers peddled around that seem right on the surface, but
> are actually incomplete, only work in very specific circumstances,
> etc. And because there's no single tag, it's hard for knowledgeable
> people to track those questions that are relevant and correct any
> errors.

I'm hoping that a site on scipy.org will get more people from this
community interested in helping out. Obviously there are quite a few
helpful people on the mailing lists already. The idea of using a
StackOverflow clone would be to make that kind of help more permanent
and easier to do. StackOverflow itself, while a great site in general,
is a little hard for smaller communities to use. It's great if you
have Django questions and answers, though. :-)

> Robert, will you have any time to join us for the sprint? Jarrod and I
> (and hopefully more) will be working on the sphinxified new site but
> I'd be glad to devote some cycles to moving advice over to Solace.

When is the sprint?

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."