[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] Accessing calculated function values of scipy.interpolated.quad

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Mon Oct 26 10:51:57 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Richard Pfeifer
<richard.w.pfeifer@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Scipy-Users,
>
> I've got a question concerning scipy.integrate:
> I'm interessted in
>   (1) the Integral F = Int(f, a, b) of the function f(x) in the range (a,b)
> AND
>   (2) the values f(x_i) used for the integration (to plot f(x) in the same
> range).
> scipy.integrate.quad can do the first job very well but I did not find a way
> to get the values f(x_i). I could let scipy.integrate.quad do it's job and
> then evaluate f(x) again for the plotting but this would need twice the
> time...
>
> Is there any way to get the [x_i, f(x_i)] scipy.integrate.quad calculated
> for the integration?

I think the answer is no.
Looking at the source of scipy.integrate.quad, the python function returns
all the return values of the fortran routine. So the actual points of
evaluation seem to be temp variables inside the fortran program.

Josef