[SciPy-User] New official SciPy release ?

Thu Apr 1 04:37:56 CDT 2010

Hi Axel,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Axel Kowald <axel.kowald@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder when there will be a new official SciPy release ?
> Documentation is already available for 0.8 but the current release is 0.7.1
> I'm not really able to build SciPy from the sources for Windows and so I
> wanted to hear if there are any planned release dates ?
>
> Good question. There is no date set for the 0.8 release yet. There will be
an 0.7.2 release candidate soon, but that will not have any new features
compared with 0.7.1 except for that it should work correctly with numpy
1.4.1.

For scipy 0.8, I would think before the SciPy 2010 conference (last week of
June). It would be good to hear what scipy developers think.

Cheers,
Ralf