[SciPy-User] scipy.stats.invnorm - rename to invgauss?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Fri Apr 9 14:38:04 CDT 2010

Hi,

> But from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse_Gaussian_distribution
> it looks like it's not a inverse transformation. In that case a
> different name might reduce some confusion.
>
> I will look at what invnorm really is, (I don't know)

My impression is that the accepted name for this distribution is
'inverse Gaussian' or 'Wald' - but I don't think anyone else calls it
the 'inverse normal' - I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Given that 'inverse normal' confused both of us, in different ways, do
you agree that a switch would be good?

See you,

Matthew