[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] Anova and the level of significance

guts stephane.campinas@deri....
Sat Apr 10 11:42:05 CDT 2010

Hello,

I used the #f_oneway method from scipy.stats to compute the f_value and the
critical value. To test it, i used the groups given in this book [1], which
are:

                                                               Alternatives
Measurements                                1               2         3
1                                                0.0972      0.1382
0.7966
2                                                0.0971      0.1432
0.5300
3                                                0.0969      0.1382
0.5152
4                                                0.1954      0.1730
0.6675
5                                                0.0974      0.1383
0.5298

The F-value calculated is:          66.4     and the critical value is
3:89 (with a level of significance of 0.05).
Those returned by the f_oneway method are, respectively:       66.37 and
3.2462326729e-07.

I don't understand why the critical value is so much smaller. I wanted to
get the level significance from the method
but didn't find how. Do you have an explanation for this number?

Thanks for the help!

[1]: Measuring computer performance: a practitioner's guide, By David J.
Lilja

-----
Stephane Campinas