[SciPy-User] Fitting tools

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Mon Apr 12 12:34:07 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there any compact curve/distribution fitting tools around similar to the
> commercial TableCurve 2D [1] and EasyFit [2] products?
>
> [1] http://www.sigmaplot.com/products/tablecurve2d/tablecurve2d.php

I think astrogui, or astropysics might have something like this,
Travis showcased it briefly in the stats webinar. There is also an
online curve fitting (zunzun ?) with (I think) BSD licensed source
code that might be useful.

> [2] http://www.mathwave.com/easyfit-distribution-fitting.html

I looked at easyfit a year or more ago, and wrote a script that tried
to do similar fitting for all distributions in scipy.stats. It worked
ok for distributions with unlimited support, but there are still the
problems with estimating distributions with a finite bound in the
support.
I used kstest as distance measure, but never rewrote Anderson-Darling
to function as generic distance measure as (if I remember correctly)
easyfit does.

Josef