[SciPy-User] scikits.timeseries: How to define frequency of 15 minutes

Georges Schutz georges.schutz@internet...
Fri Apr 16 04:35:37 CDT 2010

I have a data logger giving me a value all 15 minutes. I would like to
use DateArray from scikits.timeseries to handle this time series.
I do not see how to define a frequency that is out of the specified
constants. Is there a possibility?

If I use the guess_freq() on that time data it returns 8000 ('T') which
is a minutely frequency. Using this the has_missing_dates() gave me a
True what is obvious as it checks for a resolution of one minute.

The situation is the same for other timeseries that I have with a
frequency of 30 seconds or 2 hours, 6 hours, ...

As I am new to the use of scikits.timeseries and scipy in general so I
may have missed an obvious way to do this.

Thanks for your help

Georges Schutz