[SciPy-User] line/edge detection and output of coordinates.

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Tue Apr 20 12:42:40 CDT 2010

David & Others,

Using the method similarto 'B' outlined by David below, I managed to get to an array of x,y coordinates that define the edge. I've attached the image to this email. As you can see,  I still have noise that needs to be removed. Any suggestions on how to do this?

thanks,

- dharhas

>>> David Baddeley <david_baddeley@yahoo.com.au> 4/19/2010 5:51 AM >>>
Hi Dharhas,

I think the best approach would probably be trial and error - I'd start with a sigma of around 2-3 (all the other parameters can be left as their defaults ) and either decrease of increase it depending on whether you're blurring too much, or not enough. You might also want to take a look at ndimage.median_filter (again I'd experiment, this time with the size parameter), as there is a chance that this will let you smooth more without loosing edge definition.

cheers,
David