[SciPy-User] ROI, the sequel

Joe Kington jkington@wisc....
Wed Aug 4 12:56:34 CDT 2010

For whatever it's worth, matplotlib has a fairly fast function
matplotlib.nxutils.points_inside_poly that will do this for polygons with no
"holes".

To use it to rasterize a polygon region of interest, just build a 2xN array
of the x,y locations of the verticies of your grid, pass it to to
points_inside_poly along with the polygon verticies, and then reshape the
output boolean mask to the size of your original grid.

Hope that helps a bit,
-Joe