[SciPy-User] Arpack changes from 0.7.2 to 0.8.0

Lutz Maibaum lutz.maibaum@gmail....
Tue Aug 10 19:16:04 CDT 2010

Hello,

It seems that the location of the arpack routines has changed from SciPy 0.7.2 to 0.8.0. In the older version, scipy.sparse.linalg.eigen was a module, with another submodule arpack that provided various functions. For example, one could do

	import scipy.sparse.linalg.eigen.arpack as arpack
	arpack.eigen (…)

This no longer works in 0.8.0, because scipy.sparse.linalg.eigen is now a function. Were all the functions scipy.sparse.linalg.eigen.arpack.* simply moved to scipy.sparse.linalg? I couldn't find any information abut this in the 0.8.0 release notes.

Of course I might also simply have a borked installation. Any insight wold be much appreciated.

Thanks,

  Lutz