[SciPy-User] Arpack changes from 0.7.2 to 0.8.0

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Tue Aug 10 19:26:42 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Lutz Maibaum <lutz.maibaum@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that the location of the arpack routines has changed from SciPy 0.7.2 to 0.8.0. In the older version, scipy.sparse.linalg.eigen was a module, with another submodule arpack that provided various functions. For example, one could do
>
>        import scipy.sparse.linalg.eigen.arpack as arpack
>        arpack.eigen (…)
>
> This no longer works in 0.8.0, because scipy.sparse.linalg.eigen is now a function. Were all the functions scipy.sparse.linalg.eigen.arpack.* simply moved to scipy.sparse.linalg? I couldn't find any information abut this in the 0.8.0 release notes.
>
> Of course I might also simply have a borked installation. Any insight wold be much appreciated.

I think there is a problem that the function is shadowing the module.
I remember I had problems with this before. I don't remember whether
there was a work around.
scipy.sparse.linalg.eigen.arpack.* are imported into the
scipy.sparse.linalg namespace, as far as I can see.

Josef