[SciPy-User] Interpolation in 3D with interp2d

denis denis-bz-gg@t-online...
Wed Aug 11 07:48:23 CDT 2010

On Aug 11, 10:01 am, Jana Schulz <schraba...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> thanks for all your answers. I still work on the problem.
> I tried the splines and its working but not linear, which ist the most important thing.

Jana,

griddata( ... interp="linear" ) is much like TriScatteredInterp for
ndim=2,
interpolates a plane over each triangle in a Delaunay triangulation.
(The default interp="nn" is smoother but not linear.)
Is "linear" what you want ?

Repeat, are you doing BOTH griddata() to a grid of rectangles
then RectBivariateSpline() inside those rectangles ?
When you interpolate the corner values 0 0 0 1 inside a square,
    0 -- 0
    |      |
    0  -- 1
RectBivariateSpline( x,y,image, kx=1, ky=1 ) gives the function x*y,
which is of course BI linear -- linear along horizontal and vertical
lines,
quadratic along diagonals like x == y.

If you could post half-a-dozen of your points (f, z, A)
with an expected interpolated value or two, that would help.

cheers
  -- denis