[SciPy-User] Cross platform animated plot with widgets

Emmett McQuinn emcquinn@cs.ucsd....
Thu Aug 12 19:24:00 CDT 2010

Hello,

I've been trying to create an animated plot with matplotlib that supports parameter updating with a slider. I've been able to have animation, and also create a slider (using matplotlib.widgets), but not both at the same time. I've tried various permutations and it seems exclusively either the graph animates or the widgets work and not both. Is there a good method to provide a simple lightweight GUI that provides both animation and sliders for Linux, Windows, and Mac?

Thanks,
Emmett McQuinn