[SciPy-User] Datasets in Scipy Code

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Sat Aug 14 12:28:42 CDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Tim Michelsen
<timmichelsen@gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am wondering what happened to the Dataset for scipy: design proposal
> (at old scikits page: http://www.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/DataSets).
>
> Where can I find the current status of this initiative?
>
> I have seen that some is ued in statsmodels at:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~scipystats/statsmodels/trunk/files/head%3A/scikits/statsmodels/datasets/
>
> I would appreciate any pointer.
>
> Thanks for your help and kind regards.

Yeah, I think what we have in statsmodels is about as far as it's
gotten.  I rewrote a lot of the code and David's NEP at the beginning
of the summer based on our needs to keep it maintanable and flexible.
There is also an incarnation in scikits-learn with a few differences,
but we tried to keep them similar.

It might make sense to combine the two at some point and distribute as
a standalone scikit.

Skipper