[SciPy-User] Datasets in Scipy Code

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen@gmx-topmail...
Sat Aug 14 15:31:27 CDT 2010

> Yeah, I think what we have in statsmodels is about as far as it's
> gotten.  I rewrote a lot of the code and David's NEP at the beginning
> of the summer based on our needs to keep it maintanable and flexible.
> There is also an incarnation in scikits-learn with a few differences,
> but we tried to keep them similar.
Comparing with Learn at:
http://scikit-learn.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=scikit-learn/scikit-learn;a=tree;f=scikits/learn/datasets
You have increase the variety.

> It might make sense to combine the two at some point and distribute as
> a standalone scikit.
For time series analysis I'd appreciate to have a data set with time
stamps of frequency >= 1min.
I currently do not have one free of copyright.

I will use your code a starter and submit a good data set as soon as I
get roalty-free data.

Thanks.