[SciPy-User] Cross platform animated plot with widgets

Almar Klein almar.klein@gmail....
Tue Aug 17 13:38:40 CDT 2010

On 13 August 2010 02:24, Emmett McQuinn <emcquinn@cs.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to create an animated plot with matplotlib that supports
> parameter updating with a slider. I've been able to have animation, and also
> create a slider (using matplotlib.widgets), but not both at the same time.
> I've tried various permutations and it seems exclusively either the graph
> animates or the widgets work and not both. Is there a good method to provide
> a simple lightweight GUI that provides both animation and sliders for Linux,
> Windows, and Mac?
>
> Thanks,
> Emmett McQuinn

Visvis can be used for that. It currently does not have a slider widget, but
you can embed a visvis figure in a simple GUI application that has a slider.
(There's an example how to do that in the examples dir.) Supported GUI
toolkits are Qt4, WX and FLTK (if you really want to go lightweight :)).

http://code.google.com/p/visvis/

Almar