[SciPy-User] scipy.interpolate.Rbf

Brennan Williams brennan.williams@visualreservoir....
Sun Aug 22 17:56:30 CDT 2010

On 12/08/2010 10:24 a.m., Robert Kern wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 17:16, Brennan Williams
> <brennan.williams@visualreservoir.com>  wrote:
>>   I'm coding up using Rbf where the number of coordinates x,y,z.... will
>> vary from one dataset to another.
>> So I may have...
>>
>> rbfi=Rbf(x,y,z,d) for one dataset
>>
>> and then....
>>
>> rbfi=Rbf(u,v,w,x,y,z,d) for another
>>
>> This is all inside a Traits GUI app rather than in a user-editable script.
>> So how should I do this?
> Collect the arguments in a list and use Rbf(*args).

See attached code example. I've put the arrays into a list and then
called Rbf but I'm getting...

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "F:\dev\rezen\code\testrbf.py", line 36, in <module>
     rbfi=Rbf(alist)
   File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\scipy\interpolate\rbf.py", line
176, in __init__
     'All arrays must be equal length'
AssertionError: All arrays must be equal length

and as far as I can tell my arrays are float32 arrays of equal length.
So is my syntax in calling Rbf incorrect?

Brennan