[SciPy-User] ANN: IEP, the interactive Editor for Python

Almar Klein almar.klein@gmail....
Tue Aug 24 07:23:29 CDT 2010

I am pleased to announce IEP, the interactive Editor for Python.

website: http://code.google.com/p/iep/
downloads: http://code.google.com/p/iep/downloads/list (binaries are
available for Windows and Linux)
group: http://groups.google.com/group/iep_

I'm interested in what you think of it and whether everything works as it
should on all OS's. So if you try it, please drop me a line!

IEP is a cross-platform Python IDE focused on interactivity and
introspection, which makes it very suitable for scientific computing. Its
practical design is aimed at simplicity and efficiency.

IEP consists of two main components, the editor and the shell, and uses a
set of pluggable tools to help the programmer in various ways (such as
source structure and interactive help).

Cheers,
  Almar