[SciPy-User] ANN: IEP, the interactive Editor for Python

Almar Klein almar.klein@gmail....
Wed Aug 25 09:57:21 CDT 2010

> > In the mean time, you can put "sys.argv = ['']" somewhere before
> importing
> > matplotlib,
>
> Done this and it works, I can successfully "run file" several times in
> the same shell without restarting.

Great!

> A cosmetic problem is that I have many cells because IDLE uses ## for
> commenting out a block.

Yes, I know some editors do that. If you're not interested in this feature,
you can kind of "deactivate" it: in the source structure tool you can simply
deselect showing the cells. If you also want to change the appearance of the
cells, you can edit its style (Settings > Edit syntax styles).

> I haven't found the Command history yet.

Using the up/down keys in the shell should do the trick.

Cheers,
  Almar