[SciPy-User] ANN: IEP, the interactive Editor for Python

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Aug 25 10:02:22 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Almar Klein <almar.klein@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > In the mean time, you can put "sys.argv = ['']" somewhere before
>> > importing
>> > matplotlib,
>>
>> Done this and it works, I can successfully "run file" several times in
>> the same shell without restarting.
>
> Great!
>

>> A cosmetic problem is that I have many cells because IDLE uses ## for
>> commenting out a block.
>
> Yes, I know some editors do that. If you're not interested in this feature,
> you can kind of "deactivate" it: in the source structure tool you can simply
> deselect showing the cells. If you also want to change the appearance of the
> cells, you can edit its style (Settings > Edit syntax styles).
>

>> I haven't found the Command history yet.
>
> Using the up/down keys in the shell should do the trick.

Ok, I found that, but I misinterpreted this, I thought command history
is the log file of all commands in a session, similar to matlab or
spyder. I usually like to save my "experiments" for possible future
reference.

Josef