[SciPy-User] [JOB] Developers/engineers wanted for mechanics simulation software
Wed Aug 25 14:51:50 CDT 2010
CDI Marine Band Lavis Division is seeking developers with skills in engineering and software development in Baltimore, MD (relocation available) for full-time work on exciting, research-oriented marine engineering projects. CDI is a large, stable company of which Band Lavis Division is a small, profitable division with a laid back atmosphere and small-company flexibility.
Candidates should be quick learners, enthusiastic workers, and have strong technical expertise. The following skills, knowledge, and passions are sought:
- Python, C, C++, and Fortran knowledge and experience: Our current work is mostly Python but there will certainly be C development for performance and library bindings.
- Parallel programming experience and knowledge. Knowedge of MPI.
- Network programming experience would be extremely valuable, especially experience with Twisted and AMQP. Experience designing and implementing network protocols.
- Knowledge of solid mechanics, structural mechanics, and fluid mechanics.
- Knowledge of numerical methods in general and of FEA or CFD in particular is highly desirable.
- Skills with the following scientific and engineering software packages could be useful: Abaqus, OpenFOAM, Ansys, CFX, Gridgen, LAPACK, Metis, InterComm and--of course--numpy and scipy.
- An interest in performing some engineering analysis in addition to primary software development responsibilities.
- Knowledge of parsing. We deal with a lot of input files, most of which are not our design; skills working with XML and experience parsing a variety of formats would be an asset.
- Linux cluster design and administration.
- Experience with unit testing, smoke testing, coverage testing, and performance testing.
- Test and build automation experience.
- Database design and development skills.
- Desire to contribute to open source software.
- GUI development in Python. PyGTK.
- 3D graphics and CAD visualization.
If this describes you, please reply with information about your background and skills. This is a great opportunity to develop high-quality, cross-platform engineering software in Python and contribute to the open source community.
This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Please confirm that you are a US citizen in your reply.
CDI Marine Company, Band Lavis Division
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information which is confidential to, and/or privileged in favor of, CDI Corporation or its affiliated companies (CDI) or CDI's customers. Any review, use, reproduction, disclosure or distribution by the recipient is prohibited without prior written approval from an authorized CDI representative. This notice must appear in any such authorized reproduction, disclosure or distribution. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments. Thank you.
More information about the SciPy-User