[SciPy-User] ANN: IEP 2.3 (the Interactive Editor for Python)

Almar Klein almar.klein@gmail....
Mon Dec 6 05:45:51 CST 2010

On 27 November 2010 20:02, Almar Klein <almar.klein@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 November 2010 20:31, Christian K. <ckkart@hoc.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Almar,
>>
>> Am 26.11.10 16:47, schrieb Almar Klein:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I am pleased to announce version 2.3 of IEP, the interactive Editor for
>> > Python.
>> >
>> > IEP is a cross-platform Python IDE focused on interactivity and
>> > introspection, which makes it very suitable for scientific computing.
>> > Its practical design is aimed at simplicity and efficiency.
>> >
>> > website: http://code.google.com/p/iep/ <http://code.google.com/p/iep/>
>> > downloads: http://code.google.com/p/iep/downloads/list
>> > <http://code.google.com/p/iep/downloads/list> (binaries are available
>> > for Windows, Linux and Mac)
>>
>> the mac binary does not work here. It looks for a python 3.1
>> installation in soem special place which I do not have:
>>
>> Dyld Error Message:
>>   Library not loaded:
>> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/Python
>>   Referenced from: /Applications/iep.app/Contents/MacOS/iep
>>   Reason: image not found
>>

> A bug report has been filed:
> http://code.google.com/p/iep/issues/detail?id=18

A working binary is now available (there are remaining problems with Mac OS
10.5).

On a related topic: the 32bit Linux binaries are now available with
anti-aliased fonts. I'm now working on the 64bit Linux binaries (takes a day
or two recompiling stuff).

  Almar