[SciPy-User] JOB: Contract to bundle NumPy/CUDA environment on an Amazon machine image
Mon Dec 13 05:34:15 CST 2010
My research group in the department of zoology at Oxford University
(www.map.ox.ac.uk) is seeking a contractor to do the following on
Amazon EC2's new Cluster GPU instance type:
- Install Python 2.6 or 2.7, NumPy and SciPy (with multithreaded
linear algebra), Matplotlib (make sure the TKAgg and PDF backends
work), Basemap, PyTables, and PyCUDA.
- Install MAGMA, http://icl.cs.utk.edu/magma/ as well as CUBLAS and
CURAND (http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cuda_3_2_downloads.html) as
shared libraries, so that they can be used from PyCUDA.
- Test that the libraries listed above can be used from PyCUDA, and
that they are producing correct results.
- Take a snapshot of the instance as an Amazon Machine Image.
- Keep comprehensive, reproducible notes on the build process for us.
- Be available for up to 10 hours' support if we encounter problems in
We are offering $2700 US for the work listed above.
If you are interested, please respond to Jennie Charlton
(firstname.lastname@example.org) and attach a resume with references.
Please feel free to circulate this email to any colleagues who might
More information about the SciPy-User