[SciPy-User] How to get an offline scipy cookbook?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Dec 21 03:37:22 CST 2010

Tue, 21 Dec 2010 00:22:05 -0800, Linuxer Wang wrote:
> I am a new user of scipy. I found that scipy cookbook is a lot more
> helpful for me than the official docs. But I don't know where I can
> download an offline version of the cookbook. Is it ok for me to mirror
> the whole cookbook with wget? (I don't want to blow off the scipy's
> website by mirroring it.)

There's no offline version.

The cookbook is not huge, so sensible wget-ing is probably OK. I'd maybe
use --wait=1 or something to not bomb the server too much, though.

Btw, what aspects of the main docs did you find not useful?
Did you check the tutorials? Are they too long? Too unfocused? Don't
cover enough features?

--
Pauli Virtanen