[SciPy-User] Decorrelation stretch and PCA, Central File Exchange

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Dec 25 17:19:27 CST 2010

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM, O <mondifero@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear SciPy users,
>
> Can you recommend a PCA module for Python?  I have multi-variable data and
> want to find the principal components...
>
> I'm also searching for an image decorrelation stretch capability for Python,
> but I can write that rather quickly myself if I can find or write PCA.

at least matplotlib, mdp, scikits.learn and scikits.statsmodels each
have a pca, and there are several versions posted to the mailing list.
scipy-user, May 19, "PCA functions" might be a good starting point,
maybe Zachary's version

(from a quick search in my cookbook, the mailing list )

Josef