[SciPy-User] Install scikits.timeseries error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat'

Nancy Lee nancy.leelee@yahoo....
Sat Feb 6 20:23:10 CST 2010

Hi,
I am very new with Python and sikits.timeseries package. I tired to install scikits.timeseries-0.91.3.tar.gz, I unzip it and
use 'python setup.py install ' command. However, it shows error msg as

'No module named msvccompiler in numpy.distutils; trying from distutils
customize MSVCCompiler
customize MSVCCompiler using build_ext
building 'scikits.timeseries.cseries' extension
compiling C sources
error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat'

My OS is win 32 and the scikits.timeseries-0.91.3.win32-py2.6.exe file works fine for me , but for some specifit reason, I need to use the setup.py to install the package.
Could anyone pls help me? Thanks!

Nancy